Last Updated: March 6, 2022
This site in its entirety is owned by Joshua Eric LLC (“IAQ,” “we” or “us”). IAQ has developed and provides a device and mobile application (“App”) where indoor air quality data can be accessed and monitored (the “Services”). The Services are accessible through “www.yourIAQ.com” (the “Website”). The terms “you” and “user” means all individuals and entities that access the Service.
The address for the data controller of the information you provide or that is collected by IAQ or its affiliates is:
ATTN: Privacy Officer
302 Washington St #150-16517
San Diego, CA 92103
Types of Information We Collect and How We Use Your Information
In order to access and utilize the IAQ services, one is required to become a registered user. As part of the registration process, one is required to provide the following: (1) name; (2) email address; (3) user name; (5) password; (6) phone number; and (7) log in credentials from third party providers including Google.
As part of the user experience, you may also exchange information with us that would be part of the personal information we collect. Examples include but are not limited to the following: (1) information provided when you download or use applications from us; (2) information you enter into our system and post as part of using our services (e.g. photos, videos, comments, voice recordings and other multimedia communication materials); (3) information you provide to us when contacting us for help; (4) profile information you provide for your personal user profile (e.g. age, first and last name, picture, image or likeness, phone number, etc.);and (5) data accumulated via our air sensors and processed and/or analyzed by our third-party partners.
Specific Use of Personal Information.
The information we collect allows us to provide you with a relevant user experience as well as a mechanism to keep you informed on IAQ’s latest product announcements, software updates, and promotional information. If you so desire, you can remove yourself from our mailing list by opting out by updating your profile preferences. In order to receive the benefits of the Services offered, your email address is shared with our third party providers and you shall comply with their sensor registration requirements. However, you may opt out of uploading data to our third-party providers by updating your sensor preferences or by contacting us at privacy@yourIAQ.com.
Other uses of personal information may be for validating a user account, fraud prevention, or other data safety precautions IAQ may elect to implement. Additionally, we may use personal information for our internal purposes such as data analysis, auditing, and research to improve our services to you.
Non-Personal Information and Its Use.
IAQ collects information that in and of itself does not permit direct association with any specific person. In the case of non-personal information IAQ has the right to collect, transfer, use, and disclose this information for any purpose. Examples of non-personal information and its intended use:
- Device related information. We may collect information such as the user device identifier (IDFA), type of mobile device, IP address of your mobile device, mobile operating system, and type of mobile Internet browsers. The device identifier itself may deliver the information to us directly or we may obtain this information via a third-party partner and/or affiliate. We use the information for the express purpose of better understanding customer behavior and improving our products and services.
- User activity with our services. We may collect and store details on how you interact with our services. This may help us improve our service offerings and to provide a better user experience.
- Metadata. Metadata is unique technical data that is generally associated with User Content. Metadata allows one to make their User Content more searchable when interacting with our Service. An example of metadata would be a hashtag or some form of geotag that would allow others to more readily find your submitted content and/or its given location.
- Location Based Information. Use of the IAQ services, permits us to collect precise information about the location of your particular device. Location may include but is not limited to background location information between Users. We may use your location information to provide requested location services and to allow tagging of files. You may opt out by changing your geo-location settings consistent with your device protocol.
- Information from Other Sources. This may include:
- User feedback;
- Requesting services for or on your behalf;
- Users or others providing information in relation to any claim or dispute;
- IAQ business partners including those with whom you may create or access your account, such as payment providers, social media users, or websites who use IAQ’s APIs or whose API Purple Air uses;
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
IAQ may combine the information gathered from these other sources with other information in its possession.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
“Cookies” are small data files that are sent to your web browser when you access a website, and the files stored on your device’s hard drive. We use “session” cookies to keep you logged in while you use the Site, to track your preferences and to track trends and monitor usage and web traffic information on the Site. These are erased when you close your browser. We use “persistent” cookies to relate your use of our Service to other information about you and store information about your preferences to make your user experience consistent and customized. For example, we may create a persistent cookie that includes some basic information about you, like your favorite website locations and whether customer support responded to your inquiry. These cookies stay on your hard drive until you erase them or they expire and associate your information with your account even if you are logged out.
Certain features of the Site may use local shared objects (or “flash cookies”). Flash cookies are small files similar to browser cookies that collect and store information about your preferences and where you browse and what you look at on the Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser or device settings that are used for browser cookies. You may adjust your Adobe Flash Player settings to prevent flash cookies from being placed on your hard drive.
We may use “clear GIFs” (aka “web beacons” or “pixel tags”) or similar technologies, on our Service or in our communications with you to enable us to know whether you have visited a part of our Service or received a message. A clear GIF is typically a one-pixel, transparent image (although it can be a visible image as well), located on a website or in an email or other type of message, which is retrieved from a remote website on the Internet enabling the verification of an individual’s viewing or receipt of a website or message.
We do not automatically collect Personal Information, but we may tie Personal Information with the automatically collected information using the above tools or information collected from other sources.
We may also log information using digital images called web beacons on our Site or in our emails. We may use web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. We may also use web beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
We also use third party analytics services to collect usage data from our Site in order to help us understand how users are interacting with our Site. Third party analytic services are used to track general location information, and events that occur without our Site, such as how often you use our Site. This information, including your IP address, is transmitted and stored by 3rd parties as determined by us.
IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically
We automatically receive and record log file information from your web browser when you interact with the Site, including your IP address and cookie information. Generally, the Site automatically collects usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Service so that we can analyze and improve them.
Third-Party Sites and Services
IAQ products, services, and Site may contain links to third-party services (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Google etc.), products, and websites. Information collected by third parties is governed by their privacy policies and practices. We encourage you to read and learn about their specific privacy practices.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
From time-to-time, IAQ may make certain personal information available to product and service partners. Specific ways IAQ shares with third parties are described below:
- Third-Party Service Providers. IAQ may elect to outsource some of its technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, and other services that it may deem necessary. Examples of the service partners or third-parties we may provide your information to includes but is not limited to our vendors, marketing partners, research firms, and consultants. Additional examples may include:
- Payment processors and facilitators.
- Cloud storage providers.
- Data analytics providers.
- Research partners.
- Consultants, accountants, lawyers, and other professional service providers.
In these specific instances, we may share information about or from you in order for them to provide their services.
- Investigations. As described in the IAQ Terms and Conditions of Use, IAQ reserves the right to provide and/or disclose necessary information for investigatory matters. Examples include but are not limited to: 1) compliance with law enforcement or the necessary legal process; 2) behavior and/or use violative of the Terms and Conditions of Use, and 3) instances whereby it is necessary to protect our rights and obligations.
- User Request. This includes sharing your information with:
- IAQ business partners. For example, we may share your location and/or that of the IAQ sensor(s) when you engage the services we may make available to you through our business partners and their affiliates.
- General public when submitting content to a public forum. Use of our services may enable you communicate with public forums such as IAQ blogs, social media, and features that may be offered with our services. If you communicate with use via these channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
- With your consent. IAQ may share your information other than as we have described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Storage of Your Information
The information you provide IAQ may be collected through our services and processed in the United States or any other country in which IAQ, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or service providers maintain facilities.
In turn, IAQ uses commercially reasonable standards, measures and/or protocol to keep the information collected through the Service secure and as a result we take cautionary steps to verify your identify before granting you Service access. Moreover, IAQ cannot ensure the security of any information submitted or transmitted by you to IAQ nor can we guarantee that said information may not be disclosed, destroyed, and/or altered.
Protection of Personal Information
IAQ preserves the security of your personal information with the utmost caution. As such, we follow the generally accepted industry standards to protect all user information submitted to us. Although we implement accepted industry standards, we cannot guarantee absolute security with respect to your personal information. Given the fact that no one method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device is 100% secure, we urge you to take the utmost care when transmitting personal information.
When you use some of the features of the IAQ services, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. Please take care when using these features.
Data Retention and Deletion
IAQ will retain your personal information for a minimum of 7 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance or other requirements in the places in which it operates. IAQ thereafter deletes or anonymizes such information with applicable laws. Users may request deletion of their account at any time. Following such request, IAQ deletes the information that it is not required to retain and restricts to or use of an information it is required to retain. You may request deletion of your account by contacting us here at privacy@yourIAQ.com.
IAQ may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, if IAQ shuts down a user’s account, IAQ may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new IAQ account in the future.
Access to Personal Information
In order to ensure that your personal information is current and accurate, please log in to your account using IAQ app and go to user profile.
IAQ is aware of the importance of protecting the privacy and safety of children who may use our services. In that regard, we do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. In the event a child’s parent and/or legal guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with information without their consent, please contact us immediately at privacy@yourIAQ.com. Once notified, we will delete the information as soon as reasonably possible.
ATTN: Privacy Officer
302 Washington St #150-16517
San Diego, CA 92103